Career, College, Financial Aid and ACT Resources
Some information and application forms are available online. Contact Mrs. Flynn for other forms.
I Have A Plan Iowa
Student Award Search
PublicHealth.org is a site that provides information on careers in public health, and resources on major public health issues, such as a preventative care guide.
Scholarships From Insurance Companies
- Buena Vista University -STEM Careers Scholarship Deadline not designated
- EFC of $13,500 or less according to the FAFSA, then two of the following: GPA of 3.3 or higher, ACT Math score of 24 or higher, or rank in the top 25% or your class
- Waldorf College – ChantellCooley Leadership Scholarship for Women Waldorf.edu/admissions Deadline not designated
- Based on leadership potential, GPA and ACT and membership in one of the following campus organizations: Entrepreneurship, Service Learning, Digital Media, STEM, Campus Ministry, Creative Writing, Honors, Historia. http://www.waldorf.edu
- Pillar Scholarship. Up to 4 years of full tuition ($80,000+)
- Robert C. Byrd Honors, All Iowa Opportunity Scholarship, All Iowa Opportunity Foster Care Grant, Iowa State Fair, Education Training Voucher Program, Iowa National Guard Education Assistance Program www.iowacollegeaid.gov Deadline not designated
- Iowa Financial Aid Application
- Grand Lodge of Iowa – Masonic Scholarship 2-1-2019
- Hy-Vee Foundation Scholarship 2-1-19
- www.hy-vee.com. $1,000. Must be a high school senior working for Hy-Vee or the son/daughter of a Hy-Vee employee.
- Grow Ag Leaders Scholarship www.AmericanFarmers.com 2-6-19
- Students pursuing ag-related studies.
- Iowa Newspaper Foundation 2-15-19
- Scholarships available for students preparing for a newspaper career. www.INAnews.com.
- O’Brien County & Cherokee County Soil and Water Conservation 2-15-19
- Pursuing programs of study in any field of agriculture or natural resources.
- Iowa Student Loan Funding Opportunities 2-22-19
- ICAN National Scholarship Award TheDream.US 2-28-29
- Up to $33,000 for high school or first-time college students and community college graduates.
- MCEC Technical Scholarship – Grand Lodge of Iowa 3-1-19
- Iowa Automobile Dealers Foundation IADA.com 3-1-19
- Must be committed to the pursuit of automotive studies, such as technician training, body shop/collision repair, diesel, new vehicle sales, parts sales, accounting, or business administration.
- Matthew Shepard Scholarship eychanerfoundation.org 3-1-19
- Northwest Iowa Community College https://nwicc.edu/tuition-financial-aid/ncc-scholarships/ 3-1-19
- There are many scholarships available to NWICC through their Foundation Scholarships.
- Woods, Fuller, Shultz & Smith P.C. Scholarship 3-1-19
- 5 – $1000 scholarships to high school seniors in the area.
- Farmer’s Mutual Insurance Association www.fmiahull.com 3-8-10
- 20 – $1,000 scholarships. Parents must be Farmers Mutual Insurance policyholders. Minimum GPA of 3.0. Based on student goals, current activities, and teacher/counselor evaluations.
- Missouri River Enerty Services Scholarship Program http://www.mrenergy.com/services/scholarships 3-15-19
- Reside in one of Missouri River Energy Services’ municipal utilities service areas. Although Missouri River Energy Services expects scholarships will be presented to students entering a broad variety of course studies. Students planning to pursue courses of study for careers related to the electric industry, such as an electrical technician (field service technician, wind turbine maintenance, power plant maintenance, etc.), electrical engineer or other engineering disciplines, mathematics, science, energy management, or closely related field are encouraged to apply. Guidelines and application available online
- First Friday Breakfast Club www.ffbciowa.org 3-15-19
- SFM Foundation www.sfmfoundation.com 3-15-19
- Student whose parents were killed or seriously injured in workplace accidents while working for Minnesota or Iowa employers.
- University of South Dakota – Horatio Alger Denny Sanford Scholarship
- 3-15-19 thru 5-15-19
- Demonstrate critical financial need ($55,000 or less family income), involved in community service activities, integrity and perseverance in overcoming adversity, maintain a minimum GPA of 2.5, be a U.S. citizen
- Quota International Foundation Grant 3-15-19
- Awarded to students pursuing post-secondary education who are deaf or hearing impaired. Also, students who are going into a field of study that will benefit and assist those who are deaf or hearing impaired such as Audiology, Speech Pathology, and Deaf Education.
- University of Iowa – ACACIA Fraternity 3-31-19
- Cooperative Farmer’s Elevator 4-1-19
- Parent must be a Class A member of CFE, must intend to major in an agricultural-related field at a technical school or college
- Cherokee Regional Medical Center – Auxiliary Scholarship and Kenneth Hobson Memorial Scholarship and John M. Comstock Scholarship
- Iowa Golf Association Foundation Ann Griffel and Herman Sani Scholarship http://www.iowagolf.org/scholarships/ 4-1-19
- Academic performance, extracurricular activities, and leadership.
- ANN GRIFFEL SCHOLARSHIPThe IGAF awards $2,000 Ann Griffel Scholarships to Iowa high school senior girls who have a passion for golf and intend to further their education at an Iowa institution of higher learning, whether a college, university or trade school. APPLICATION & INFO… http://www.iowagolf.org/scholarships/HERMAN SANI SCHOLARSHIPAny graduating high school senior and resident of the State of Iowa with experience or background in golf is eligible to apply. Each recipient receives $8,000 ($2,000 per year) over a consecutive four-year period as long as the student is making reasonable academic progress. APPLICATION & INFO… http://www.iowagolf.org/scholarships
- Calumet Betterment Council Scholarship 4-3-19
- $400 to a grduating senior from South O’Brien.
- South O’Brien Foundation Scholarships 4-5-19
- Abiff Lodge/Onyx Lodge 4-15-19
- Any member of the 2019 graduating class of South O’Brien High School.
- University of Iowa – Pearl Hull Scholarship 5-1-19
- 800 – Must be of the Protestant faith, a resident of the State of Iowa, and a full-time student at the University of Iowa
- Iowa PGA Foundation – Charlie Burkart Scholarship 6-14-19
- Based on interest and activity in golf, the potential for future contributions to the game, leadership skills/community involvement, academic/professional ability and financial need.