Career, College, Financial Aid and ACT Resources
Some information and application forms are available online. Contact Mrs. Flynn for other forms.
I Have A Plan Iowa
Student Award Search
PublicHealth.org is a site that provides information on careers in public health, and resources on major public health issues, such as a preventative care guide.
Scholarships From Insurance Companies
- Buena Vista University -STEM Careers Scholarship Not designated
- EFC of $13,500 or less according to the FAFSA, then two of the following: GPA of 3.3 or higher, ACT Math score of 24 or higher, or rank in the top 25% or your class
- Waldorf College – Chantell Cooley Leadership Scholarship for Women Not designated
- Based on leadership potential, GPA and ACT and membership in one of the following campus organizations: Entrepreneurship, Service Learning, Digital Media, STEM, Campus Ministry, Creative Writing, Honors, Historia. http://www.waldorf.edu
- Iowa Student Loan Funding Opportunities 10-23-18 thru 2-16-19
- 1. Iowa Financial Know-How Challenge: Senior Scholarship. For seniors who will attend college in the Fall of 2019. www.IowaStudentLoan.org/Enter.
- Wayne State College – Art & Design Scholarship 12-1-18
- 10 images of your art or design work, completed application form, letter expressing interest, and 2 letters of recommendation. www.wsc.edu/scholarships
- ISU Office of Student Financial Aid Scholarship 12-1-18
- Single application for all scholarships administered through the OSFA. www.financialaid.iastate.edu. Select “Freshmen” in the Office of Student Financial Aid Scholarships section.
- ISU – Multicultural Vision Program 12-1-18
- Full tuition scholarship. U.S. citizens or permanent residents of the state of Iowa and identify as: Alaskan Native, Black/African American, Asian
- American, Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander, Hispanic or Latinx, or Multiracial on the application for undergraduate admission. Demonstrate financial need, and academic potential. www.multicultural.dso.edu.
- Iowa State University – Christina Hixon Award 12-15-18
- ½ tuition. Demonstrate potential in ways that go beyond class rank and test scores. Based on financial need. www.hixson.dso.iastate.edu.
- ClaimAid 1-15-19
|2 scholarships: ($2,000)
- The Star Student Scholarship of Iowa – Special Education student who will continue his/her education at a college or university.
- The Special Education Teacher Scholarship of Iowa – graduating senior student who will continue his/her education at a college or university and is planning to study Education, specifically Special Education.
- University of Northern Iowa 1-15-19
- Grand Lodge of Iowa – Masonic Scholarship 2-1-2019
- Hy-Vee Foundation Scholarship 2-1-19
- www.hy-vee.com. $1,000. Must be a high school senior working for Hy-Vee or the son/daughter of a Hy-Vee employee.
- Iowa Newspaper Foundation 2-15-19
- Scholarships available for students preparing for a newspaper career. www.INAnews.com.
- MCEC Technical Scholarship – Grand Lodge of Iowa 3-1-19
- University of South Dakota – Horatio Alger Denny Sanford Scholarship
- 3-15-19 thru 5-15-19
- Demonstrate critical financial need ($55,000 or less family income), involved in community service activities, integrity and perseverance in overcoming adversity, maintain a minimum GPA of 2.5, be a U.S. citizen
- University of Iowa – Pearl Hull Scholarship 5-1-19
- 800 – Must be of the Protestant faith, a resident of the State of Iowa, and a full-time student at the University of Iowa
- Iowa PGA Foundation – Charlie Burkart Scholarship 6-14-19
- Based on interest and activity in golf, the potential for future contributions to the game, leadership skills/community involvement, academic/professional ability and financial need.