Career, College, Financial Aid and ACT Resources
Some information and application forms are available online. Contact Mrs. Flynn for other forms.
I Have A Plan Iowa
Student Award Search
PublicHealth.org is a site that provides information on careers in public health, and resources on major public health issues, such as a preventative care guide.
Scholarships From Insurance Companies
Please refer to scholarship applications to note who they are to be submitted to. If they are to be submitted to Mrs. Flynn, you can either scan and email them or send them from the post office:
Connie Flynn, 261 N. 2nd Ave. West, Hartley, IA 51346
Others can be submitted directly to the organizers, if so designated. Do not return them to the high school, as they will not be received in a timely manner. Good luck and stay well.
- Town and Country Implement Deadline not designated.
- Seeking a career in Ag Diesel Technology. $5,000 hand tool allowance. $15,000 tuition reimbursement.
- Buena Vista University -STEM Careers Scholarship Deadline not designated
- EFC of $13,500 or less according to the FAFSA, then two of the following: GPA of 3.3 or higher, ACT Math score of 24 or higher, or rank in the top 25% or your class
- Waldorf College – ChantellCooley Leadership Scholarship for Women Waldorf.edu/admissions Deadline not designated
- Based on leadership potential, GPA and ACT and membership in one of the following campus organizations: Entrepreneurship, Service Learning, Digital Media, STEM, Campus Ministry, Creative Writing, Honors, Historia. http://www.waldorf.edu
- Midland University Student Assistant Softball Coach Scholarship . Deadline not designated
- Roles may include – Video Coordinator, Social Media Coordinator, Community Service Coordinator, Strength and Conditioning Coordinator, and Coaching. See Mrs. Flynn.
- Mount Mercy University – Catherine McAuley Scholarship
- Deadline not designated www.mtmercy.edu/free-tuition
- Free tuition to students whose family income is $50,000 or less annually. Must fill out the FAFSA by 6/30/2020.
- Robert C. Byrd Honors, All Iowa Opportunity Scholarship, All Iowa Opportunity Forster Care Grant, Terry E. Branstad Iowa State Fair, Education Training Voucher Program, Iowa National Guard Education Assistance Program
- Siouxland Sportsmanship Scholarship
- Deadline extended to 4-30-20
- SMF Foundation www.smffoundation.com 3-31-20
- Scholarships to students whose parents were killed or seriously injured in workplace accidents while working for Minnesota, Iowa, or Wisconsin employers.
- Paragon IT Professionals 3-31-20
- University of Iowa – ACACIA 3-31-20
- Cobell Scholarship Program cobellscholar.org 3-31-20
- Scholarships for American Indian and Alaska Native students who are enrolled members of U.S. federally recognized tribes, pursuing vocational, undergraduate, and graduate degrees.
- Iowa Golf Association Foundation Ann Griffel and Herman Sani Scholarship 4-1-20
Academic performance, extracurricular activities, and leadership.
ANN GRIFFEL SCHOLARSHIP
The IGAF awards $2,000 Ann Griffel Scholarships to Iowa high school senior girls who have a passion for golf and intend to further their education at an Iowa institution of higher learning, whether a college, university or trade school.
APPLICATION & INFO… http://www.iowagolf.org/scholarships/
HERMAN SANI SCHOLARSHIP
Any graduating high school senior and resident of the State of Iowa with experience or background in golf is eligible to apply. Each recipient receives $8,000 ($2,000 per year) over a consecutive four-year period as long as the student is making reasonable academic progress.
APPLICATION & INFO… http://www.iowagolf.org/scholarships
- South O’Brien Community School Education Foundation
- Due date extended – to April 20
- South O’Brien Education Association (SOEA), P.E.O. Sisterhood Chapter FX, Paullina Chamber of Commerce, Don & Ida Dell Memorial Scholarships, South O’Brien Community School District Foundation, Primghar Chamber of Commerce, Rausch Family Memorial, Bill Thompson Memorial, Dr. Warren VerPloeg Trust, Harding Family Scholarship, Little Sioux Corn Processors (requires an additional application), Kirk Struve Memorial, Dick and Judy Partlow Memorial.
- Cooperative Farmer’s Elevator Scholarship 4-1-20
- Parent of student must be a Class A or B member of CFE. Must intend to major in ag-related field.
- Montiford and Mary Beck Doupe Scholarship 4-1-20
- Applicant must be a resident of Cherokee County. Open to students pursuing studies in a medical field.
- Nonken Trust Scholarship 4-1-20
- Student must be a resident of Cherokee County. Preference given based on financial need and to children or family members of service veterans.
- Northwest Iowa League of Cities 4-1-20
- Intent to enroll in a post-secondary program that may result in employment by city government. (examples: public administration, water/wastewater, law enforcement, code enforcement, planner, public engineer, city attorney, etc.)
League of Cities.2020
- Cherokee Regional Medical Center –Auxiliary Scholarship, Kenneth Hobson Memorial Scholarship, Foundation Scholarship and John M. Comstock Scholarship 4-1-20
- Calumet Betterment Council Scholarship 4-3-20
- Brian Pearson Memorial 4-6-20
- High school juniors or seniors who have participated in Iowa Games events.
- Associated General Contractors of Iowa 4-12-20
- Diesel Technology-This is our 3rd year of awarding five (5) – $1000 scholarships to Iowa High School Seniors planning on entering a Diesel Technology Program at a community college in the Fall of 2020.
- Highway Construction. – Offered to high school seniors interested in Heavy Equipment Operation, Engineering Technician or general construction programs. Preference given to individuals interested in working in the heavy highway industry.
- Primghar Community Playhouse 4-14-20
- Abiff Lodge/Onyx Lodge 4-15-20
- Morningside College Nursing Scholarship 4-15-20
- $1000 to incoming nursing student.
- Horatio Alger Career & Technical Scholarship 4-15-20
- Be enrolled in a 2 year or less career or technical program. Demonstrate financial need (must be Pell Grant eligible).
- American State Bank 4-17-20
- MercyOne Primghar Foundation 4-17-20
- Based on, but not limited to – participation in school and community activities, need of assistance, GPA of 2.0 or above, pursuing a career in a health or science-related field, letter of recommendation. PLEASE NOTE: THIS SCHOLARSHIP CAN BE EMAILED OR SENT HARD MAIL TO MRS. FLYNN, OR RETURNED TO JAN GAUDIAN AT MERCY ONE IN PRIMGHAR IF THAT IS EASIER.
- University of Northern Iowa – Balanced Man Scholarship 4-20-20
- Looking for men that challenge themselves and strive for continuous development in academics, health and well-being, and leadership skills.
- Athletic Achievement Award 4-22-20
- Sutherland Auxiliary Scholarship 4-24-20
- Sutherland Ruritan Scholarship 4-27-20
- Paullina Lion’s Club 4-27-20
- Primghar Jaycees Scholarship 4-30-20
- Awarded to students who have become involved in our community and have displayed outstanding service and leadership. Two scholarships will be awarded in the amount of $500 each.
- Primghar Jaycees Scholarship
- Iowa Student Loan College Funding Forecaster Giveaway 4-30-20
- PeopleServe Scholarship 5-1-20
- Interested in a career in clean and safe water and wastewater to keep people and the environment safe and thriving. For a two year associate’s degree. State approved apprenticeship program. PeopleService.com/growwithus.
- University of Iowa- Pearl Hull Falk Scholarship 5-1-20
- Must be of the Protestant faith, a resident of the state of Iowa, and a full-time student at the University of Iowa.
- Brunk Educational Fund (Cherokee State Bank) 5-1-20
- Applicant must be a resident of Cherokee County. Low interest loans.
- Robert D. Blue Scholarship rdblue.org 5-10-20
- any student who attends an Iowa college or university.
- Children’s Cancer Connection 5-29-20
- Must be directly affected by childhood cancer (including students who currently have or have had cancer before age 18 or a sibling of that individual). Minimum of 2.5 GPA.
- PB & J Scholarship http://bit.ly/pbjscholarship 5-31-20
- For students who have experienced challenges in their life and who have the drive to succeed.
- Charles Burkhart Scholarship 6-19-20
- Based on interest and activity in golf, the potential for future contributions to the game, leadership skills/community involvement, academic/professional ability and financial need.