Career, College, Financial Aid and ACT Resources
Some information and application forms are available online. Contact Mrs. Flynn for other forms.
I Have A Plan Iowa
Student Award Search
PublicHealth.org is a site that provides information on careers in public health, and resources on major public health issues, such as a preventative care guide.
Scholarships From Insurance Companies
- Buena Vista University -STEM Careers Scholarship Deadline not designated
- EFC of $13,500 or less according to the FAFSA, then two of the following: GPA of 3.3 or higher, ACT Math score of 24 or higher, or rank in the top 25% or your class
- Waldorf College – ChantellCooley Leadership Scholarship for Women Waldorf.edu/admissions Deadline not designated
- Based on leadership potential, GPA and ACT and membership in one of the following campus organizations: Entrepreneurship, Service Learning, Digital Media, STEM, Campus Ministry, Creative Writing, Honors, Historia. http://www.waldorf.edu
- Pillar Scholarship. Up to 4 years of full tuition ($80,000+)
- Robert C. Byrd Honors, All Iowa Opportunity Scholarship, All Iowa Opportunity Foster Care Grant, Iowa State Fair, Education Training Voucher Program, Iowa National Guard Education Assistance Program www.iowacollegeaid.gov Deadline not designated
- Iowa Financial Aid Application
- Town & Country Implement Deadline not designated
- Students who plan to enter the diesel technology program and intend to work with farm equipment in the future. $5,000 for tools and up to $15,000 for tuition.
- Cooperative Farmer’s Elevator 4-1-19
- Parent must be a Class A member of CFE, must intend to major in an agricultural-related field at a technical school or college
- Cherokee Regional Medical Center – Auxiliary Scholarship and Kenneth Hobson Memorial Scholarship and John M. Comstock Scholarship
- Iowa Golf Association Foundation Ann Griffel and Herman Sani Scholarship http://www.iowagolf.org/scholarships/ 4-1-19
- Academic performance, extracurricular activities, and leadership.
- ANN GRIFFEL SCHOLARSHIPThe IGAF awards $2,000 Ann Griffel Scholarships to Iowa high school senior girls who have a passion for golf and intend to further their education at an Iowa institution of higher learning, whether a college, university or trade school. APPLICATION & INFO… http://www.iowagolf.org/scholarships/HERMAN SANI SCHOLARSHIPAny graduating high school senior and resident of the State of Iowa with experience or background in golf is eligible to apply. Each recipient receives $8,000 ($2,000 per year) over a consecutive four-year period as long as the student is making reasonable academic progress. APPLICATION & INFO… http://www.iowagolf.org/scholarships
- Monteford and Mary Beck Doupe Scholarship 4-1-19
- Applicant must be a resident of Cherokee County. Open to students pursuing studies in a medical field.
- Nonken Trust Scholarship 4-1-19
- Student must be a resident of Cherokee County. Preference given based on financial need and to children or family members of service veterans.
- Iowa Lakes Community College www.iowalakes.edu/financial-aid/scholarships/ 4-1-19
- Calumet Betterment Council Scholarship 4-3-19
- $400 to a grduating senior from South O’Brien.
- South O’Brien Foundation Scholarships 4-5-19
- Paullina Lion’s Club 4-12-19
- Primghar Community Playhouse 4-12-19
- Pariticipated in any area of performing arts
- Abiff Lodge/Onyx Lodge 4-15-19
- Any member of the 2019 graduating class of South O’Brien High School.
- American State Bank 4-16-19
- Any graduating senior of South O’Brien
- Athletic Achievement Award 4-17-19
- Must have earned 10 or more varsity letters during high school career
- Sutherland Ruritan Scholarship 4-19-19
- MercyOne Primghar Foundation 4-19-19
- Based on, but not limited to – participation in school and community activities, need of assistance, GPA of 2.0 or above, pursuing a career in a health or science-related field, letter of recommendation
- UNI Balanced Man Scholarship www.sigep.org/northerniowa 4-20-19
- Recognizes men who challenge themselves and strive for continuous development in academics, health and well-being, and leadership skills.
- Sutherland Auxiliary Scholarship 4-26-19
- Participation in school and community activities, scholarship, and need of assistance
- Iowa Student Loan – College Funding Forecaster Giveaway www.IowaStudentLoan.org/CollegeCosts. 4-30-19
- University of Iowa – Pearl Hull Scholarship 5-1-19
- 800 – Must be of the Protestant faith, a resident of the State of Iowa, and a full-time student at the University of Iowa
- Brunk Educational Fund (Cherokee State Bank) 5-1-19
- Applicant must be a resident of Cherokee County. Low interest loans.
- UNI Academic Award https://finaid.uni.edu 5-1-19
- Awarded to students who have a cumulative high school GPA of 3.7 or higher and an ACT composite of 21-22.
- Primghar Jaycees Scholarship 5-3-19
- Awarded to students who have become involved in our community and have displayed outstanding service and leadership. Two scholarships will be awarded in the amount of $500 each.
- Robert D. Blue Scholarship rdblue.org 5-10-19
- Any student who attends an Iowa college or university.
- Children’s Cancer Connection 5-31-19
- Must be directly affected by childhood cancer (including students who currently have or have had cancer before age 18 or a sibling of that individual). Minimum of 2.5 GPA.
- Iowa PGA Foundation – Charlie Burkart Scholarship 6-14-19
- Based on interest and activity in golf, the potential for future contributions to the game, leadership skills/community involvement, academic/professional ability and financial need.
- Horatio Alger Association & AKSARBEN Scholarship Program
- 6-15-19 Application.horatioalger.org
- Students who have financial need and have exhibited integrity and perseverance overcoming personal adversity.